Things to do in Boston on opening day when the game is called four hours before it starts raining:
1. Get a haircut at the local barbershop (however, if it is Sunday or Monday that won't work. In that case, settle for a "Fantastic Sams" which is not so fantastic since the back of my head still hurts from the clippers).
2. Stop at any Dunkin' Donuts to get your day started.
3. Watch replays of opening days of previous years on NESN while the bottom line scrolls across saying, "Opening Day cancelled due to inclement weather, game will be played tomorrow at 4:05", as you continue to pray that somehow the Sox are still going to come out at 2:05 and Teddy Kennedy is going to throw the first pitch.
4. Begin to work on your newly acquired fantasy baseball team by adding/dropping players and proposing ridiculous trades that no one would accept for anyone on the Red Sox not only for their skill, but because you are so deeply saddened that they aren't playing today that it's all you can think about.
5. At 2:05 begin to announce the starting line-up for the sox and pretend that the old replays you're watching on NESN are in fact Opening Day.
6. At 2:06 realize how pathetic of an idea you just had.
7. Around 3 o'clock get a call from your girlfriend that she'll be leaving work soon.
8. Shower to get rid of all the loose hair from your fantastic burning haircut.
9. Look out the window to see that it's still raining, check NESN again and see that the sox came back from an 11-2 deficit against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in 2007...still not Opening Day.
10. Go out to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse and realize on the way that you're not the only one who's sad about Opening Day being rained out as people poor into the restaurant bearing Red Sox jerseys, hats and t-shirts.
11. See the televisions in the Texas Roadhouse replaying Red Sox games of the past...still not Opening Day.
12. Catch a second breath and realize that Michigan State and North Carolina will play regardless of the rain.
13. Get home and check NESN again...still not Opening Day.
14. Prepare for the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship and try to tell yourself that Opening Day was previously scheduled for Tuesday at 4:05 when you'll be at work as opposed to watching it on your day off(tear)!
15. Realize that you're not going to watch the entire National Championship because the return of The Hills starts at 10 and God forbid the sportsfangirl misses that.
16. Call in sick to work tomorrow.
Now that you've had a run down of some things you could do if Opening Day got rained out, be prepared, the forecast says tomorrow is another day.